We built our practice to cradle every pet’s emotional and physical well-being.
The Fear-Free philosophy is a movement trademarked and created by Dr. Marty Becker, also known as “America’s Veterinarian.” He has been featured on many television programs, including The Dr. Oz Show, Oprah, and Good Morning America. Dr. Becker practices at North Idaho Animal Hospital in Sandpoint, Idaho.
Our doctors, Trent Eddy, DVM, and Blake Dickerson, DVM, are Fear-Free certified and have attended Dr. Becker’s national conference and meticulously implemented all of his core principles for a Fear- Free veterinary experience.
The veterinarians at Ironhorse Veterinary Care are unique in that they utilize every single one of the core Fear-Free principles. Not every Fear-Free certified vet chooses to do that. We decided if we were going to be the clinic catering to pets who would benefit from an exceptionally positive experience, we wanted to do it right. This is why we have built our practice from the ground-up.
Our principles for stress-free, compassionate care include:
- Calm Arrival – We help the pet owner deliver a calm pet to the clinic. We realize certain pets may benefit from pain relief or anxiety medication in advance of the appointment.
- Limited Waiting in Lobby – When possible, we minimize the use of the clinic greeting area for scheduled appointments.
- Treats Everywhere – We generously offer the pet’s favorite treats throughout the visit.
- Specialized design – Dogs and cats have separate designated exam rooms that are built specifically for each species.
- Calm Space – We provide a sense of calm in the specialized exam rooms through the use of species-specific pheromones, wall coverings and tranquil music. We are trained to avoid eye contact and to allow sniffing and areas to hide.
- Pets Decide – Your pets determine their preferred place to be examined and the best method of positional compliance.
- Thoughtful Approach – We use distraction techniques for invasive procedures and small-gauge needles for vaccinations.
- First-Rate Technology – We apply digital technology to expedite and improve accuracy of dental and full-body imaging results. Our surgeons use warming blankets for surgical patients.
- Expert Medical Care – Our doctors have extensive medical experience with both dogs and cats. We are highly acclaimed for our soft tissue surgery, pet dentistry, and oral surgical care.
If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ page, which answers the most frequently asked questions we receive. Or, call us today for more information or to schedule an appointment or tour.
Our treat jar is full and waiting for your pet.